31 October, 2019
DTZ INVESTORS SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVES FIRST WELLBEING CERTIFIED ASSET
DTZi has achieved its first Fitwel certified asset. 47 Mark Lane, a 105,000 sq ft office and retail building successfully achieved a Fitwel Two Star rating in September 2019.
Fitwel is one of the world’s leading certification systems focused 100% on wellbeing design features and processes to operate healthier buildings. Launched in 2017, over 280 projects have been certified or are pending certification across 35+ countries. Fitwel certification can be pursued for new construction, retail, workplace, community and multi-family residential.
What has been achieved?
C&W’s Energy, Infrastructure and Sustainability team worked with the property manager to develop a strategy to achieve certification and improve the wellbeing credentials of the building for occupiers. Initiatives implemented included:
• Improving stairwell accessibility, including replacement of ground floor doors leading to the stairwells
• Promoting the use of stairwells by installing new signage at lift call areas
• Improving green areas and planting in common areas
• Developing management processes such as green procurement indicators and indoor air quality policies
• Improving tenant engagement through tenant wellbeing meetings and development of action plans
What are the benefits?
Fitwel provides a robust framework for improving wellbeing credentials of any building without significant investments. The key benefits are:
• Demonstrating the wellbeing credentials of the building to occupiers and investors through a recognised benchmark
• Increased marketability through responding to occupier demand for wellbeing
• Improved engagement with tenants, increasing occupier awareness and accessibility of the building’s wellbeing features and the surrounding environment
Andrew Baker, Head of Energy, Infrastructure and Sustainability , commented:
“Awareness of the importance of Wellbeing certification is growing at a significant rate in our industry. This was a fantastic project showing SPF taking a leadership role in supporting occupiers with their wellbeing programmes through implementation of wellbeing initiatives".
16 March, 2023
Mowgli Street Food Opens on Dukes Lane, Brighton
9 March, 2023
DTZ Investors invests £59m to acquire prime Purley Cross Retail Park, Croydon
23 February, 2023
Music artwork brand takes space at King Street
23 January, 2023
DTZ Investors signs lease with GAIL’s for first Manchester site